Yoga asanas strengthen your back and release tension and stiffness from the shoulder area. By practising the asanas on a consistant basis, your back pain will be cured easily .
- First come to a kneeling position with hands on the waist.
- Gently bend backward, moving the pelvis forward and lifting the chest upward, keep the head up.
- Release the hands and one by one place the hands on the soles.
- Lift the upper torso a little higher and breathe deeply.
- To come out of the posture, release the hands, sit down on the heels and rest in child’s pose.
Benefits: Improves the respiratory function, relieves tension and stiffness from shoulder area, makes the movement of the bones smoother.
Sitting Half Spinal Twists:
- Sit on the floor. Bend left leg to place left knee on the floor and left heel against the right buttock.
- Place right foot on outside the left thigh.
- Sitting straight up place the right hand on the floor behind you. Twist your torso to the right, and press your left arm against the outside of the right leg to grasp right foot with left hand. If you have difficulty reaching the right foot, just press the left elbow against right knee, hand pointing upward in the air.
- Twist first from the waist, and then twist the rib cage and finally the shoulders.
- Look over your right shoulder. Keeps the right hip pressing down to the floor. Keep the spine straight. Relax both shoulders. Keep breathing. Hold.
- Repeat on the other side.
Benefits: Makes the spine supple, removes stiffness from the shoulders and neck, massages and tones abdominal organs. in the abdominal area and stimulates the stomach, colon, kidneys, liver, spleen and gall bladder.