How to do Seated Forward bend yoga pose (Paschimottanasana)
• Sit on the floor with the legs stretched out, feet together and hands on the knees.
• Relax the whole body.
• Slowly bend forward from the hips, sliding the hands down the legs. Try to grasp the big toes with the fingers and thumbs. If this is not possible, hold the ankles or any part of the legs that can be reached comfortably.
• Keeping the legs straight and using the arm muscles, begin to bend the elbows and gently bring the trunk down towards the legs, maintaining a firm grip on the feet or legs.
• Make a gentle effort to touch the forehead with the knees. Do not strain.
• Hold the position for as long as is comfortable and relax as you breathe.
• Slowly return back up sliding hands on the legs.
1. This asana increases flexibility in the hip joints.
2. It tones and massages the entire abdominal and pelvic region, including the liver, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and adrenal glands. Paschimottanasana helps for reduce weight.
3. It stimulates circulation to the nerves and muscles of the spine.