Have you ever wondered diabetes can be controlled with few vegetables which is available at our home? Here are 5 wonderful foods for diabetic patient to keep their sugar level in control.
1. Okra or Bhindi:-
How to Do: Soak 4-5 pieces of bhindi in glass of water. Let it soak overnight. Remove the lady’s finger and drink the water early morning on empty stomach.
Benefits: It is rich in fibre which aids in preventing diabetes and keeps away the digestion problem.
2. Bitter Gourd :-
How to Do: Take 2 bitter gourd and cut into pieces and grind it well. Extract the juice from the mix and drink on the empty stomach.
Benefits: This helps in increasing the insulin secretion which helps in digestion, reducing the blood glucose level and urine level.
3. Fenugreek or Methi:-
How to Do:
- Soak the fenugreek seed overnight in a glass of water. Drink the water in the morning on empty stomach.
- Take the leave of fenugreek and wash it well. Mix the herb with atta batter and prepare roti.
- Fenugreek powder is available at the shop. This powder can be mixed in milk and drink on the empty stomach.
- Mix the methi powder in plain yogurt and eat. Repeat this to see the result.
Benefits: It enhances glucose tolerance and helps in keeping the blood glucose stable.
4. Amla or Indian Gooseberry
How to Do: Extract the juice from 2 Indian gooseberry and drink it early morning.
Benefits: It lowers the blood sugar level and lowers cholesterol. This also helps in improving the liver function and increases insulin secretion.
How to Do: Take one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix it hot water. Drink it daily to lower blood sugar level.
Benefits: It helps to lower blood sugar and fight diabetes by imitating the effects of insulin and increasing glucose transport into cells.
Read more for the home remedies for diabetes mellitus that can be cured easily and effectively.