First impressions are the most lasting. And you only get one chance to make that first impression. Moreover, your face is the first thing that people look at. A smiling face lightens the mood, attracts people, and puts them at ease. A popular study reveals that a baby smiles 400 times a day while an adult smiles barely 8 times.
1. Chair Eagle Arm Yoga:
Stretch your arm parallel and bend your elbow. Cross the arms in front of your torso. Make sure, the right arm is above the left arm. Eagle Pose stretches the shoulders and upper back while strengthening the thighs, hips, ankles, and calves. It builds balance, calm focus, and concentration.
2. Chair Raised Hand Pose:
Sit comfortably. Inhale and raise your hands above your head parallelly. Exhale and put your hands down. Repeat 10 times to relax your shoulder and arms.
3. Chair Seated Twist:
Sit in your chair with your spine erect. Take an inhale and on the exhale, twist to one side from the bottom of your spine. This will help you to get rid from back ache and relax your hip and lower back.
4. Chair Neck Roll:
Exhale and bend your neck towards your right shoulder and back to center wile you inhale. Now again from center to left and repeat.
5. Chair Seated Shoulder Rotate:
Bend the elbows and place the palms on the shoulder and rotate your arms in clockwise motion. Repeat the same in anti-clockwise direction also.
Practicing these poses and yoga sequences at your desk to minimize your discomfort throughout the day in office, making it easier for you to focus on work.
Image Source: Google
Since its origin, yoga has been giving refuge to many across the world. The benefits of yoga poses are for everyone, from fitness freaks to seekers of a calmer and focused mind, from enjoyers of yogic bliss to those who wish to attain a higher state of consciousness.
Interestingly, we all have done yoga poses as babies. Since birth, babies tend to get into different positions while lying down, learning to stand or walk, in fact, babies even breathe as yogis and their mind is also like yogis – always in the present moment. So, yoga for beginners is nothing but reminding ourselves the wonder poses that we did in our childhood.
Plank exercises usually fall under the beginner’s yoga pose and have multiple benefits. For beginners, the yoga plank pose and its variations are strongly recommended to help build stamina and core body strength for practicing the advanced yoga poses. Plank pose forms an essential part of Surya Namaskar (sun salutations) too.
Initially, it may be difficult to hold the plank poses, but with practice it can do wonders in helping you build bodily as well as mental strength. The basic plank exercise, along with its variations, is a good workout for your spine too. Its regular practice, by holding the breath for few seconds to minutes, also helps tone the nervous system.
Yoga is an ancient technique that promotes holistic living through a combination of postures and breathing techniques. Yoga is a side-effect free method to fight migraine. Practising these simple yoga postures for a few minutes every day will help prepare yourself better for the next migraine attack
Child’s Pose gently stretches the hips, thighs, ankles, calms the mind and helps relieve stress and fatigue. The Child pose also calms down the nervous system and effectively reduces the headache.
Cat stretch improves blood circulation, relaxes the mind, beats stress and helps you breathe better. The best part about this asana is that it helps relax tense muscles which is an effective way to get rid of pain
The Corpse pose rejuvenates the body by bringing it into a deep state of meditative rest. The yoga routine should be ended by lying down in this pose for a couple of minutes.
- Weight loss is all about 80% of eating habits and 20% of working out. Aim to lose both body fat as well as overall weight.
- Be regular and more often in your yoga practices.
- Keep the metabolism active by having 5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours. This will also help you in keeping your pseudo hunger at bay.
- Be passionate about your yoga workout. For the passion will help you to go deeper into your yoga practices.
- Be 100% with the food on the dinner table. Avoid watching T.V or chatting over the phone while eating and have a balanced diet.
Best yoga asanas to reduce weight:
- Surya Namaskar: 12 yoga poses combined to form a sequence called Surya Namaskar. It is the best yoga has to offer as far as the poses are concerned. It works on the whole body especially on the big muscle group. A beginner can start with a few rounds of it and gradually increase the no. of rounds. It helps to shred the weight and also known as king of the asanas.
- Warrior Pose: The warrior pose strengthens the hamstrings, thighs, legs and ankles as the body weight is transferred on the thighs with the forward bend. It helps to stimulate abdominal organs which can help increase the stamina. Stamina built up can help you to keep going over a longer period of time.
- Cobra Pose: This is the pose which works on the chest and the back region. The heart Cobra Poseopening pose helps to take deep breaths resulting in more oxygenated blood being pumped to different parts of the body. The oxygenated blood helps to burn the fat. Helps in toning the buttocks too.
- Bow Pose:This is more of an advanced yoga pose but Bow Pose: not only helps in burning the fat but also helps in toning of arms and legs. One can feel the stretch in the abdominal region taking this pose. The stretch helps to loosen up the fat in the region. Continuous practicing of this asana further melts the loosen belly fat.
- Side Bends: It’s as important to work on muscles in the stomach region as often as working on other muscles group. After a certain age the body stops to grow and the fat starts accumulating in the stomach region. Side bends helps to melt those love handles. These bends might not help to burn a lot of calories but will be instrumental in inch loss. Don’t be surprised if you need to wear belts as your pants will be loose the next time.
Paschimottanasana calms the brain and helps relieve stress and depression and Paschimottanasana also helps to control anger.
How to do Seated Forward bend yoga pose (Paschimottanasana)
• Sit up with the legs stretched out straight in front of you, keeping the spine erect and toes flexed toward you.
• Breathing in, raise both arms above your head and stretch up.
• Breathing out, bend forward from the hip joints, chin moving toward the toes. Keep the spine erect focusing on moving forwards towards the toes, rather than down towards the knees.
• Place your hands on your legs, wherever they reach, without forcing. If you can, take hold of your toes and pull on them to help you go forward.
• Breathing in, lift your head slightly and lengthen your spine.
• Breathing out, gently move the navel towards the knees.
• Repeat this movement two or three times.
• Drop your head down and breathe deeply for 20-60 seconds.
• Stretch the arms out in front of you.
• Breathing in, with the strength of your arms, come back up to the sitting position.
• Breathe out and lower the arms.